(A) Fill in the spaces with either the infinitive
or the gerund form of the verb in
brackets. [20 marks]
Eg : I
love watching (watch) movie in the cinema. (gerund form)
He needs to go (go) for a meeting
urgently. (infinitive form)
I finished ________
(do) my homework.
quit ________ (smoke).
3. He wants ________ (go)
to the party tonight.
They enjoy ________
Karen tries to
avoid ________ (spend) too much
I chose ________
(bring) the tickets.
7. She knows how ________ (play) the piano.
Ben stopped ________
(work) on weekends.
I dislike ________
(wait) for the bus.
10. I miss ________ (live) in a big city.
11. He tends ________ (speak) quickly when he is nervous.
12. She kept ____ (tell) me her new cat was the cutest thing in
13. It appears ________ (be) cold outside.
14. You should consider ________ (try) a new exercise routine.
claims ________ (know) the manager of the company.
failed ________ (submit) his
assignment on time.
17. Do you know how ________ (fix) this computer?
18. She deserves ________ (win) the award.
19. He offered ________ (give) me a ride.
20. I don't mind________ (watch) the movie again.